How do I get & Download Alexa App For PC?
You have two ways to access & download Alexa app for PC.
- Alexa web app
- Alexa app for windows
You can’t actually download the Alexa app for windows 7 computers and PCs. Because Windows 7 computers do not support Alexa app architecture. But, it allows you to access the Alexa web app and lets you install your Amazon Echo by visiting the ” Alexa.amazon.com”. You can just visit there and sign in with your Amazon account and Setup your Echo by following instructions on the Alexa web app screen.
If you have any windows 10 PC, Then, you can easily download the Alexa app on it from the Microsoft Store and install it. You can search for the Alexa app on Microsoft store’s search bar and press the “Get it” or “Install” button to install it on your Windows 10 PC, computer, or laptop. You can follow the on-screen prompts on windows PC to get Alexa app working and use it.
If you have windows 8.1 PC or laptop. Then, you can download & install the Alexa app on it by going to its starting menu and searching for the Amazon Alexa voice assistant app. As we have mentioned before, only windows 7 computers do not support the Alexa app but windows 10, windows 8.1 computers do. But, you can access the Amazon web app on your Windows 7 laptops and PCs and Setup your Alexa.
How do I Download Alexa App For Windows 10 PC?
You can download the Alexa app for Windows 10 PC, by going through a simple and a useful sequence of instructions and commands, which Alexa Application gives you. You can download and install the Alexa app on your Windows 10 PC in two ways.
First, by going to the Microsoft Store, Secondly by visiting the Alexa.Amazon.com website. Your PC should have integrated keyboard and mouse support along with x64 & x86 windows 10/17134.0 OS & architecture on it.
You also need an active Amazon account to sign in to your Alexa App. Follow the steps mentioned and specified below.
Step by step guide to download Amazon Alexa app for windows 10 PC
- Launch the Microsoft Store available in the taskbar of your Windows 10 PC by clicking on its icon.
- Now, the Microsoft store home screen will appear on your Windows 10 PC.
- Go to the search bar of your Microsoft store and type in the ” Alexa App” there and tap on the ” Enter” button.
- Now, you will see the Alexa app option along with the Alexa icon.
- Click on that “Alexa App” icon.
- Now, click on the ” Get” button to download the Alexa app on your Windows 10 computer.
- You can launch the Alexa app by clicking on the ” Launch” button after it’s installed.
- Now, you can log in to the Alexa App on your Windows 10 PC by entering the username and password of your Amazon Account and proceed further to Setup your Alexa.
- At this point, you will see the terms and conditions on your Alexa app screen. Click on the ” Continue” button there.
- Now, you will see the “talk to your Alexa” screen on your Windows 10 PC. Click on the ” Continue” button.
- At this point, A dialogue box will appear asking you to “let Alexa Access your microphone”. Click on the ” Yes” button below it to allow Alexa to access your Windows 10 PC’s microphone.
- Now, turn on the hands-free mode to activate your Echo device just by giving it a voice commands without pressing the wake button on your computer.
- Alexa App on your Windows 10 PC will display you the “Configure Alexa on PC” settings. Enable or disable the options according to your need and click on the ” Finish Setup” option.
- You will get a small box on your Alexa App screen asking you ” Let this app run Alexa task when you log in”. Click on the “Enable” option.
- Then, The Alexa app will ask you a question ” Do you want to pin Alexa to taskbar” choice. Press down the “Yes” or “No” option according to your choice.
- Finally, you will see the home screen of the Alexa app on your Windows 10 computer screen. There you can go to the settings option to modify its settings. You can try to add various new skills into your Alexa app directly from the skills store.
For downloading the Alexa app on your Windows 10 PC. You will need to have a fast and working internet connection connected to your Windows 10 pc. Alexa app works better on all windows 10 computers when compared to Windows 7 computers.
Because Windows 10 PC’s are more advanced and better than the Windows 7 PCs. Windows 10 has advanced features and functions than a windows 7 PC.
Hence, your Echo device is ready to listen to your voice instructions. Now, you are free to add as many skills as you want to add in your Echo device. If you want to add capabilities to your Alexa app, then, you will need to go to the home page of your Alexa app. Then, you will just have to click on the skills option in the left navigation menu of your Echo dot app.
When you click on that option, you will see the page which will show you the grid view of all skills which you can add with your Alexa app according to their functions, names, and ratings, etc. if you want to know about how to add Alexa skills into the Alexa app. Then you can click on that skill and click on the ” Enable” button there. Hence, the skill will add up to your Alexa app.
How Can I Download the Alexa app for windows 7 PC?
If you want to download the Alexa app for windows 7 PC, then, don’t get panic, it’s straightforward. For doing that, You will need to visit the Alexa.Amazon.com website for accessing the Alexa app without downloading it. Look at all the steps below and follow them to Setup your Echo device.
Best Guide To Download & Install Amazon Alexa app on Windows 7 PC
- To start downloading the Alexa App on your Windows 7 PC. Get on your computer and launch its web browser.
- Now, simply type in the “Alexa.Amazon.com” in the address bar of your web browser and click on the ” Enter” button.
- Now, “Alexa.Amazon.com”/ Alexa web app will appear on your Windows 7 PC.
- Simply enter the UserID and security key of your Amazon account and click on the login button, If you are not logged into your Amazon Account.
- Once you are logged into the Alexa App on your Windows 7 PC, then, just unbox your Echo and turn it on by connecting it with the power socket.
- Now, wait for the ring light indication of your Alexa device to turn orange in color.
- Now, Go to the navigation panel available on the left side of your windows 7 computer screen to connect the Echo device with the Alexa app.
- Just click on the “Settings” >> Setup a New Device>> Amazon Echo>> Select the language of your Echo.
- Go to the wifi settings of your computer and connect your Alexa device with the Alexa web app by clicking on ” “Amazon XXX” from the list of wifi networks available.
- If you don’t see your Alexa device on this list. Then, just press down and hold the Action button of your Alexa device for at least 8-12 seconds. Then, your Echo device will automatically go to the setup mode.
- After that, You will simply need to follow all the instructions you see on your Windows 7 computer screen to Setup your Alexa device and complete the Echo setup.
First, check about the firmware of your computer before installing the Alexa app on it. Your computer device should have Alexa app supported firmware installed on it. Because if your computer device will not have Alexa app supported firmware.
Then, it will work differently than it should work on your Alexa device. In this case, you will need to press the blue button on your computer screen to wake up your Alexa application.
It will not activate after listening to the ” Wake” word if it has no supported firmware. Nowadays. Companies are making computers and laptops with Alexa supported firmware. These laptops provide you the same experience of operating the Alexa app as you get on your smart devices & phones.
How to install Alexa App For Windows 8.1?
Users can now download the Alexa app for their Windows 8.1 PC. But, before doing that, you will need to keep a few things in mind. We advise you to always be signed in to your Windows 8.1 PC from your Microsoft account. Interrogate your wifi network for efficient speed and function.
Download Alexa app for windows 8.1 PC
- Tap on the start menu of your Windows 8.1 PC.
- You will see the Search bar on the right side of your computer’s screen.
- Now, you can search for the “Alexa App” there.
- Microsoft store will show you the “Alexa App” option. You can download it from there.
- Now, you can Install Alexa app for PC, Once downloading is complete.
- Follow the commands it gives you & ask you to perform.
- Sign in to the Alexa app with your Amazon account once it is installed on your Windows 8.1 PC.
Also Read: Echo show Setup