How To Fix Alexa Orange Light Issue?
The orange light indication is one of the most common problems which Echo users generally face. The orange light indication on your Alexa simply means that your Alexa is trying to connect with your wi-fi network. You can fix Alexa orange light problem by resetting your Alexa and its related components.
Fix Alexa Orange light issue
- Press the Volume down and microphone off buttons on your Alexa together and hold them for at least 20 seconds. You will see the ring light of your Alexa turning orange in color.
- Reset your Alexa by pressing and holding the reset button for a few seconds with the help of a needle. When you do that the orange Light on your Amazon Alexa changes to blue in color, and turns off. After a couple of seconds, the ring light of your Alexa turns on again.
- Unplug your Amazon Alexa adaptor from the wall socket and put it back in after 15-20 seconds. It will fix the Alexa orange light issue on your Alexa device.
If you see an orange ring light indication while Setting up your Alexa, then, it’s not an issue. When you Setup your Echo for the first time, then it’s compulsory for you to connect Alexa to the wireless network. But, if you see an orange light indication more frequently on your Alexa even after its wi-fi Setup. Then, it’s an issue.
The Alexa orange light issue is directly related to your internet router and network connectivity. Because, if your Alexa wouldn’t receive sufficient internet signals, Then, its ring light will start to indicate orange color.
How to Fix the yellow light issue on Amazon Alexa?
- First, Turn off your Alexa and internet router. Then, turn on both the devices after 10 seconds and try to connect them again with each other.
- You can remove all temporary caches, cookies, unwanted devices, and users out from your internet router and modem. Just like that, you can easily remove network congestion and improve the performance of your internet router. It will provide efficient internet connectivity to your Alexa.
- Change the location of your internet router and Alexa both.
- Place your Amazon Alexa & router in the most central place of your house.
- Locate your Amazon Echo at least 8 inches away from the wall as it blocks the internet signals and decreases their signal strength.
- You have to place both of these devices away from all kinds of solid objects, metal objects, wooden objects, etc. So that router could receive sufficient internet signals from your ISP and transmit them to the Alexa.
- Always place your Amazon Alexa smart speakers and router in each other’s range. if you will locate both of these devices in each other’s range. Then, your internet router will be able to provide better internet signal strength and connectivity to your Echo.
- Restore your Alexa to the defaults. You can do that by going to the settings section of your Alexa app and selecting your device name. After that, click on the “restore to the Factory Defaults” option and keep smart home device options into the Alexa app.
Alexa Ring Light Indications
Alexa device has a lot of ring light indicators which it displays through the circular ring upon it. This ring indicates several colors. For example pulsing green light, solid Red light, Orange light, Purple light, white light, cyan light, etc.
Ring light indications tell us about the status of our Amazon Alexa by showing us the different colors & light circulation patterns. Alexa has five LED lights on its top. We call these lights as ring light indicators. When you power on your Amazon Alexa, solid blue light and the orange light appears on your amazon echo.
The orange ring light indicates that your Alexa device is ready to start the echo setup. When Alexa shows you orange color. It says ” Hello, your Echo device is ready for installation, please follow the instructions on your Alexa app”. When you follow these instructions, Then, orange ring light indication changes from orange to blue after saying “it’s connected”.
List of Alexa ring lights indications
- Amazon Alexa shows you the blue ring light indication when its power on.
- Alexa does not show you any ring lights when its turned off.
- The orange or yellow light indicates that your Alexa device is running in the setup mode.
- When you see white Light Blinking, then, it means that your camera is on.
- If you see the Red Light Blinking. Then, it means that the microphone camera of your Alexa has been turned off.
- if any error occurs during the wifi configuration, then, your Alexa’s ring will start to light up in multiple colors.
- When you see a blaze of purple Light after connecting your Alexa gadget to power & providing it wi-fi connectivity. This means that Do Not Disturb mode is activated on your Echo.
- Pulsing RED Light: This ring light indicates that your Alexa could not complete or process your given command.
- Pulsing Amber light indicates that it is in the setup mode waiting to pair with wifi through the Alexa app.
- Cyan Ring Light shows us that Alexa is processing our given request.
What Does Yellow Light on Alexa Mean?
If your Alexa Echo device circulates and spins the yellow light before you. Then, it simply means that your Alexa device is trying to connect with the wifi network you have at your place. If you see the Yellow ring light pulsing on Alexa for an unusual amount of time.
Then, you can open up the Alexa app and enter down the password of your wifi router. If your Alexa Echo pulses the yellow light indication after finishing its setup. Then, it means that it has some sort of message or notification for you. You can ask it for the information and it will give it to you and will stop blinking.
Users can troubleshoot or fix Yellow Light on Alexa by reconnecting it with the wifi network. You can do that by entering down the password of your wifi accurately when your Alexa app Asks you for it. This problem will solve when you do that.
How to Fix Alexa Red light Issue?
We are going to tell you about how to fix Alexa’s red light indication. Alexa red light is the most common problem that Alexa device users face in their daily lives while using it.
In short, Alexa red light means that the microphone button of your Alexa is off. Now, it’s unable to listen to any command you give it. That is why it will not answer you back.
- Press the microphone button of your Alexa and keep it pressed until the microphone of your Alexa is turned on.
- Now, Check out if the receiver of your Alexa is working by saying “Hello” to it. If it’s working, it will greet you back.
- Remove all the already stored instructions you see on your Alexa app to fix Alexa red light.
- Always check if your internet router is providing sufficient internet signals to your Alexa device. Because weak internet signals always lead your Alexa to show the Red ring light indication. You can check and fix the issues which are affecting the internet signals coming from the router to solve this problem.
- Check out if your downloaded Alexa app has updated Alexa firmware to fix Alexa red light
- Factory reset or hard reset your echo dot to fix Alexa red light issue.
- Always connect your Alexa to wifi using the WPA2-PSK/AES wireless security type.